Monday, April 5, 2010

Tuesday Night Supper Club--Chicken Enchiladas

Tonight we are so lucky to have a guest hostess for Tuesday Night Supper Club
Her name is Christine and she is a working mom, talented crafter and good cook. She is sharing with us what can be a really easy go to dish that i think everyone in the family will love! I think it is great that she is "sneaking in" whole wheat tortillas for this..so smart.
I encourage you to take a look at Christine's blog...she has a give-a-way going..which you will want to enter!
take it away Christine....

With a family on the run, I often struggle with finding fast easy meals that can be prepared ahead and ready to serve when they walk in from school, and I am still at work. Since Mexican is one of our favorites, I came up with this quick and oh so simple recipe that even if you don't know a thing about cooking you could do.

Give it a try on your family and just maybe they will love it too!
Easy Chicken Enchiladas
Ingredients:
Whole Rotisserie Chicken
Whole Wheat Tortillas – Large Burrito size
15oz can of Enchilada sauce
Jar of Picante sauce
Small Yellow onion
1 tablespoon of Olive oil
Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Fresh Cilantro

I start with a store bought Rotisserie Chicken. Remove skin and chop into small pieces.

Next, I chop a small yellow onion and sauté in about a tablespoon of Olive Oil.

Once onions soft, I add the chopped chicken and about ½ jar of Picante sauce. Mix and cook for just few minutes. Remember the chicken is already cooked, so I am just getting the onions and the Picante sauce to marry flavors.

Next, in a baking dish, I pour a little Enchilada sauce over the bottom of the dish, stuff the large tortillas with the chicken mix and roll up and place in the dish. Pour the rest of the Enchilada sauce over the Enchilada. Spread with Shredded Cheddar cheese, garnish with fresh cilantro and store until you are ready to heat and serve.
Heat oven to 325 degrees and cook for 30 minutes.
EAT UP!

if you want to guest host, drop me an email or jot it in a comment.  don't forget to visit Christine at





LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates |