Thursday, October 28, 2010

crazy cocktailin'


so i have this liquor cabinet
that seems to have more going in
than coming out
i have these grand ideas
about having cocktails before dinner
or the two martini lunch
but i just never seem to get around to it
although
i am extremely well prepared
lets say
there were a disaster
and
 the best survival tool was a cocktail
we would live forever

i was browsing my google reader
and saw this post from scary mommy
which encouraged me to hit the bottle

i have a lot of candy corn lying about
so it was a natural choice

candy cocktails
1 cup of candy
2-3 cups of vodka or rum
put in a mason jar and let sit for at least 2 days
strain and bottle


one jar with vodka
and the other
with rum

i now firmly believe that
candy corn rum
should be the requisite 
pirate tipple
it is really, really good
someone...
get depp on the phone

*i am experimenting with some other flavors and will post them soon (sneak preview...toasted marshmallow vodka)

10 comments:

  1. Ooo I don't drink much, but that sounds really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! that is so cool! I'm not a fan of vodka unless it's flavored...that could be interesting to experiment with various vodka flavors :-) I have to try this with rum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, that sounds YUMMY! Who knew it was so simple to make your own infused vodkas and rums?!?! I just found a ton of fab cocktail recipes in Sandra Lee's current magazine...and was thinking I need to have a cocktail party! Thanks for visiting my blog...have a cocktail and forget about christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds so yummy! I am just like you,when it comes to the alchohol. I think it's because the way we were raised and everyone had a stocked alchol cabinet. Well if we have an emergency at least we will be able to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a big drinker of spirits but that does sound quite delicious and perfect for a Christmas treat! Thanks for the link too-I will check it out.

    Best wishes and happy weekend,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant! I think a Red Hots version would be good too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't celebrate Halloween but if I did, this would be just the candy to have! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun and creative idea! Please update if you find more flavors. I'm thinking this might be a very fun (adult) holiday/housewarming treat. I don't even like candy corn but I imagine it tastes sweet and the color is fabulous!

    I found you via Tatertots btw.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm always tempted to give these kinds of recipes a try, but then I stop thinking that I'll never use them. I am not a huge fan of candy corn, but it sure does look pretty :D Have you seen the one where someone used skittles? They split each color into a different bottle. I can't wait to hear the toasted marshmallow recipe, I think that's the one I'd definitely use!

    ReplyDelete

i love to hear your comments and welcome them, although i moderate each one before approving. if you are an @no reply blogger, please leave a contact email or twitter account, so i can respond to you directly. thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates |